Things to See and Do in Bali
1) Beach & Surf Bali established fact because of its pristine white beaches and secluded coves, the favourite beaches being in Nusa Dua where extended periods of soft pristine sand will soothe and comfort the soles of one's feet. Many hotels get their own private stretch of beach using a Beach club or restaurant along. Kuta and Uluwatu are areas in South Bali well known for his or her good surf which makes Bali one of the most popular surf destinations in the world.
2) Padi fields The attractive terraced green padi fields are another must see to get a visitor towards the island of Bali. Many tourists will automatically visit Ubud, about 45 minutes from Bali Airport to stay in a hotel and villa overlooking the padi fields. The best padi field landscape is at Jatih Luwih and Tegallalang which aren't not even close to Ubud.
3) Galleries and Museums Beautiful paintings are located in Ubud, home of many of Bali's well known and aspiring artists. The peaceful scenery and tranquility of the area must be an inspiration for the remarkably detailed paintings these artists create and whose works are displayed in the numerous galleries and museums found in Ubud village. A few of the more well-known galleries are The Agung Rai Museum of Art, Neka Museum, Antonio Blanco Renaissance Museum, Komaneka Gallery and Seniwati Gallery of Art by Women just to name just a few.
4) Dance and Music Dance and music plays an essential the main life of a Balinese. Every ceremony and festival is nearly always combined with traditional dance as well as the soothing sounds from the Gamelan. If you are locations in and near Ubud where you can watch these dance performances. Dancers wear glittery and colourful costumes, executing to perfection elaborate hand movements and facial expressions to share stories with the Ramanaya. You can watch the elegant Legong Dance in the Ubud Palace in central Ubud, or see other entertaining performances including the Warrior Dance and Kecak Dance at other locations within the town. Wayang Kulit, or Shadow Play performances will also be a typical evening entertainment for that local Balinese and tourists alike.
5) Yoga and Spa Treamtents There is a growing number of first class spa facilities and health resorts in Bali particularly in the Ubud area. Using natural herbs and indigenous products, you will have wide variety of spa treatments to choose from and revel in. Spa methods are well suited for relaxation and what every person who wants a break out of this hectic realm of work, family and stress will surely appreciate. A selection of massages using traditional, Aryuvedic, Shiatsu and hot stones are on the menu so that you can pick from. Traditional treatments including Boreh and Lulur are normal. Facials, foot massages, healthy meals and personal spa facilities are offered also at some hotels and salons. Holistic resorts offer yoga programs and have resident teachers that will direct you to satisfaction.
6) Festivals and Ceremonies Religion plays a central role inside the life of every Balinese family. The island has countless temples, that everyone has a temple anniversary, known as Odalan. With this day, the villagers go to the temple for prayers and socializing. It can be considered a residential area event to take individuals together and promotes good feelings between villagers. With all the Balinese Hindu religion comes many daily practices such as placing offerings including trays of flowers called Canang Sari in temples, shrines and symbolic locations to defend against evil and please the Gods. Nyepi Day, the Balinese Year is really a day that's spent in silence in reflective prayer and meditation. The days before Nyepi however provide many opportunities to get a tourist to witness ceremonies and rituals like the noisy and colourful Ogoh-Ogoh procession which happens one day before Nyepi, on Melasti Day. This procession is really a colourful display with the creativity from the Balinese where towering papier mache ‘monsters’ are paraded with the town in noisy processions in efforts to chase away any evil.
Galungan is yet another major festival for that Balinese which after 10 days is marked by Kuningan Day. This festival occurs every six months so you will have the opportunity notice in another half year should you miss the first round. During this time period you will notice the Barong Dance procession which works through the village performing facing shops and houses as an act of purification. Cremations are another village affair where the entire relatives and buddies of the deceased may take place. The body is carried from your home grounds through the village towards the cremation site where it is invest a towering sarcophagus and burnt down.
7) Sea Sports Bali has many of the most colourful and interesting sea life you'll ever see. Well-known dive sites are located in Amed and Tulamben high are ship wrecks, in Menjangan Island inside the North West, and Pandang Bali and Lembongan Island inside the East to name a few. Nusa Dua and Sanur are ideal for snorkeling but there are lots of the areas as well.
8) Visit Active Volcanoes Indonesia has countless volcanoes and Bali has a number of its very own famous ones too. Kintamani town is to might find the 2800m high Mount Bali, a well known tourist destination in Bali. The volcano includes a large caldera lake which is possible to be on a sunrise hike to the top of Mount Batur if you're able to wake up early enough! Mount Agung, the place of Bali's largest and a lot sacred temple, Puri Besakih, is Bali's highest and most sacred mountain at 3142m high. Pura Besakih, mom Temple is how Bali's most critical ceremonies are held and worth visiting if you've got the opportunity to carry on an East Bali tour specifically in April once the temple have their anniversary.
9) Land Adventure Activities Aside from the southern tourist towns, Bali is definitely an island still greatly in their natural state compared to other holidaymaker destinations. It's easy to realise that we now have many locations where supply the ideal terrain for exciting adventure activities. Bali is not only Kuta and Nusa Dua. Travel north and you'll discover what the true Bali is offering - culture, spectacular scenery and experiences that modern tourist towns with stores are totally without.
The rivers, mountains and jungles are typical places where you can experience Bali from the tourist crowds. White water rafting down the scenic Ayung or along the heart stopping Telaga River rapids is one of the popular activities for tourists who arrived at Bali. A mtb ride from Kintamani as a result of Ubud with the padi fields and small villages with friendly locals is an additional leisurely activity for families and people alike. Bali houses the Taro Elephant Park, complete with accommodation, activities and elephant fun for everyone. You are able to ride an elephant through the jungle, marvel at their intelligence and permit them to cause you to laugh whenever you visit the Taro Elephant safari park in Bali. Quad driving will require you thru the jungles and rougher terrain. Canyon tubing in which you sit in the floating tube and coast down a river from the jungle is an additional fun activity. A fresh attraction, the Bali Safari and Marine Park can be a unique combination of wildlife conservation and culture. You will be able to determine wildlife inside their natural surroundings and discover the ancient Balinese culture at this tourist attraction.
10) Shop until you drop Finally exactly what the initial thing tourists often do on any trip and most certainly to Bali would be to shop. You have Kuta Center, Galeria Nusa Dua, Matahari in Legian and Ubud Market in which you will find bargains of all types. The Balinese are very known for their creative and artistic skills evident in the numerous arts and crafts found throughout the island. Many craft factories are simply in Tegallalang and the surrounding area. Skilled silversmiths within the village of Celuk, sell their creations in eclectic shops in Ubud nevertheless, you should be able to buy their jewelry at slightly better prices. Sukawati art marketplace is in which you will see most of the fabrics found in Balinese clothing in addition to handmade crafts including woven baskets at good prices. Crafts and statues are manufactured from natural products available on Bali such as coconut wood, bamboo and volcanic sand stone. Masks and puppets make interesting presents. You will also find many unique home decor items including table runners, lamp shades and wall decorations to provide your house a touch of Bali style once you return. Furniture backpacks are often available at attractive prices when compared with if you decide to purchase them from outside of Bali.
So bam !, a summary of several things that you can do in Bali. Relax, get fit, have fun, gain new experiences and many of all, an exciting holiday. And if you count them up, you've got a many more than 10 activities there. This is in no way the full list but ample for any 3 to 7 tour to this wonderful and magical island with the Gods.